Cherry Crisp

Cherry Crisp

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Aloe Lemonade

Since dealing with health issues lately, I have been on a search for ways to detox my body from toxins and build up my immune system. I have come across a super food that is suppose to aid with these things: aloe vera juice! Add it with lemon juice (which also aids with detoxification and we have a winning combination). I have read that you should start slow with aloe as your body needs to get used to it. I think this is a good way to do it. I am no expert on aloe but am always looking for ways to be healthy. Just make sure you are using organic pure aloe. Not the green stuff that is sold in most stores that is not pure and has been processed.

3 cups cold water

1/2 cup lemon juice

2 oz aloe vera juice

stevia to taste (you may need to blend this in a blender if using powdered stevia)

I like my lemonade tart so I only used a few pinches of dried stevia, but experiment with what you like. You can use sugar if you want, but I am trying to eliminate sugar from my diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment