Cherry Crisp

Cherry Crisp

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Natural sugars

We are trying something new this week. We are trying to take out refined sugars from our diet as much as possible and replace it with natural sugars such as honey, maple syrup and granulated whole cane sugar. I would love for myself to get rid of my body's dependency on sugar as a whole. We are trying to follow the steps outlined in this blog to do just that. http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/2011/01/slay-the-sugar-monster-in-four-doable-steps/
We'll see how this goes as my body does not tolerate pasteurized dairy these days. Or could it be the refined sugars that are causing the headaches? I must say that our food tastes much better when using butter, whole milk and whipping cream. I was told by Sarah "the healthy home economist" that usually people tolerate raw unpasteurized milk even if they can't tolerate store bought milk. I grew up drinking raw milk and never experienced headaches. It makes one think.... Unfortunately it does not seem like one can buy raw milk in Manitoba, oh politics, need I say more? We'll see how this goes. I'll keep you all posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment