Cherry Crisp

Cherry Crisp

Monday, June 3, 2013

Homemade Acne Face Cream

This is adapted from my hand lotion recipe but using ingredients to help combat the dreaded acne problem. I will wash my face at bedtime using water and a Norwex makeup removal cloth. No soap needed. I will then massage my face cream into my face and neck area. This leaves my skin so soft and does seem to help the breakouts as long as I stay away from my other nemesis - sugar!

4 Tablespoons raw organic shea butter
1 1/4 Tablespoons organic coconut oil (also has some antibacterial, antifungal and antimicrobial properties)
5 drops geranium essential oil - good for soothing inflammation and scar healing
14 drops tea tree oil - good for combating the acne infection and cleansing
5 drops lavender - good for the inflammation

Mash the shea butter with a fork in a mixing bowl. Add the coconut oil and mix with the fork. Beat well with a hand mixer for a few minutes until fluffy and well combined. Add essential oils and beat another minute or two. Put in a 4 oz. jar. Again use clean hands when appling to avoid contamination of your lotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment