Cherry Crisp

Cherry Crisp

Monday, February 2, 2009

Honey Flax Bread for Bread Machines

1 cup warm water
1/4 cup honey
1 Tbsp. oil or apple sauce (I use apple sauce and it's a good replacement for oil)
1 tsp. salt
1/2 cup ground flax seed (the original recipe calls for oats but we prefer flax seed)
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (for lighter, fluffier bread use half white flour and half whole wheat)
1 tsp. yeast

Add these ingredients in this order to your bread machine. Don't let the yeast touch the liquids especially if you're using the time delay option. I like to let the bread machine mix the dough and then take it out and put it in a loaf pan. I then let it rise for 30 minutes in a 100 degree oven and then bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. I have an older bread machine and it doesn't bake that well and I prefer the shape of the loaf from the loaf pan. This makes a one pound loaf. I usually make two loaves a week and we rarely buy bread anymore as this is so much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment